(blogware)-> last modified
submited by Russell Fri 18 Feb 05|
Edited Tue 31 Jan 06
I made a quick change today that sends out "last modified" data that coresponds to
the database and not the php file that is presenting it. The most relavant
reason to to this is so the search engines get accurate "modified" data.
This is the format from the query and the php command I am using:
$query= "select DATE_FORMAT(ts,'%a, %d %M %Y %H:%i:%s') from notes .....
header("Last-Modified: " .$last_mod . " EST");
This does seem to cause one problem. now with accurate "last-modified"
data, It seems that I am getting caches data when I update or post a
comment. This requires me to press re-load to see new content. I beleive
that I can fix this with the expire field. I will play with this lator.
php cache control (Russell)
Add comment or question...: