(linux_command_line)-> Upgrading to Fedora Core 3
submited by Russell Sun 03 Apr 05|
Edited Thu 22 Dec 05
I did a fresh install on a new had drive these are the steps required to get my desired setup.
Still trying to solve the nfs mount problem, adding -o nfsvers=2 doesn't seem to fix it.
- Install FC 3
- install pgp public key
- run "yum update" (select yes when prompted, contiue with steps below while this runs)
- Install pine/pico
- mount old drive, copy my home and /var/html contents
- restore nfs mounts (not curenly working )
- install azureus small chicken/egg problem with jre (java runtime) I azureus's page uses a torrent link, but can't run azureus w/o jre.
However if you don't have java and azureus installed, you can download the needed files via http Java Azureus (links from this page)
- install lirc ( this took too long because I had to add symlink from /dev/lirc /dev/ttyS0 this symlink must be created each time at book ( I put it in /etc/rc.local) because /dev isn't a persistent filesystem ( new with Fedora Core 3 ))
- install lame
- install mplayer ( from sorce so it will support lirc)
Add comment or question...: